Normal water conservation measures are as follows:
- Sprinklers or fixed hoses cannot be used between 10am to 2pm on any day. In addition, watering of gardens and lawns by any other means during the heat of the day is discouraged.
- Washing down of hard surfaces should be minimised and where possible, a water efficient nozzle or high pressure cleaner should be used. In addition, washing of vehicles on lawns is encouraged.
- As the weather warms up Council will be monitoring water usage, when demand starts to exceed effective storage capacity Council will need to consider the introduction of water restrictions.
Your cooperation in conserving this precious community resource will assist Council to provide a reliable drinking water supply.
It is your responsibility to:
- Be aware of the restrictions in the use of water outdoors.
- Ensure that you comply with the restrictions at all times.
- To look for changes to the restrictions in the local newspapers.
- Penalties may apply for non-compliance.
For further information contact Council's Infrastructure Delivery Administration Officer on (02) 6799 6877.
Water Conservation Measures Table