Local Land Services brings together agricultural production advice, biosecurity, natural resource management and emergency management into a single organisation.
Local Land Services Boards are accountable for;
- Administering and delivering local land services
- Developing and implementing appropriate governance arrangements for the delivery of local land services
- Preparing a State Strategic Plan and Local Strategic Plans
- Providing and facilitating education and training in connection with agricultural production, biosecurity, natural resource management and emergency management
- Making and manageing levy rates, levies and contributions on rateable and other land
- Providing and administering grants, loans, subsidies or other financial assistance for local land services
- Communicating, consulting and engaging with the community, including the Aboriginal community, to encourage participation in the delivery of local land services.