Council Meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of each month, excluding the month of January, at the Council Chambers, 46-48 Maitland Street, Narrabri.
The meetings commence at 1.00pm and members of the public are welcome to attend.
Business Papers, detailing the matters to be discussed at Council meetings, are available for perusal by the public at the Administration Building, on this website or at any of the Shire's libraries in Narrabri, Wee Waa and Boggabri the week prior to each monthly meeting. Residents are encouraged to attend Council meetings and view the Business Papers on a regular basis. It is important for members of the community to see their vote in action and to be aware of the major issues affecting their Shire.
Council Meeting Business Papers can be viewed by clicking here.
Notice of 2018/2019 Ordinary Council Meetings
At the September 2018 Council Meeting, Council resolved to hold its Ordinary Meeting of Council for the ensuing eleven (11) months to commence at 1.00pm at the Narrabri Shire Council Chambers, 46-48 Maitland Street, Narrabri. The dates are as follows:
· Tuesday 30 October 2018 commencing at 1.00pm
· Tuesday 27 November 2018 commencing at 2.00pm
· Monday 17 December 2018 commencing at 1.00pm
· Tuesday 26 February 2019 commencing at 1.00pm
· Tuesday 26 March 2019 commencing at 1.00pm
· Tuesday 30 April 2019 commencing at 1.00pm
· Tuesday 28 May 2019 commencing at 1.00pm
· Tuesday 25 June 2019 commencing at 1.00pm
· Tuesday 23 July 2019 commencing at 1.00pm
· Tuesday 27 August 2019 commencing at 1.00pm
· Tuesday 24 September 2019 commencing at 1.00pm
Ordinary Council Meetings will commence at 1.00pm, with the Public Forum.
Speaking at Public Forum at Ordinary Council Meeting
Members of the public may wish to speak at Public Forum at an Ordinary Council meeting to express their concerns or support an agenda item. A formal request needs to be provided to Council to this to occur. Please fill out the Request to Speak in Public Forum form if you wish to speak at Public Forum.
Councillor Voting on Planning and Development Decisions
In accordance with Section 375(A)(3) of the Local Government Act 1993, a Division is required to be called whenever a motion for a planning decision is put at a meeting of the Council or a Council Committee. A Division is where Councillors who voted for and against the planning or development decision is recorded in the Minutes of the Council Meeting.